• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Happened To My Fonts?

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received new mac yesterday, downloaded Indesign 17.2 and then copied/pasted project folder from old iMac to new Mac Studio. 

Opened the project with ID 17.2 on new computer and got 124 errors in pre-flight due to missing fonts.

All fonts used in project were obtained natively in ID or from fonts.adobe.com

Oddly enought, the fonts I used on old computer are still in the IDesign app on that computer. Tried finding those same fonts on fonts.adobe.com but they are not there.

Adobe support had no solution.

Hard to believe that I have to go through document and find replacements in 124 instances. Harder to believe that if one wants to resurrect a project that is a little dated, fonts might be an issue

Surely there must be a way to get those missing fonts, e.g.Bookman Old Style, Lucinda Handwriting, Abadi MT Condensed, Corbel Reg and Bold, Copperplate Gothic Bold. Every one of those fonts were replaced by default font.

I know...I'm missing something. Anyone have a recommendation out there?

Thanks,

Ken 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Ken said: "Surely there must be a way to get those missing fonts, e.g.Bookman Old Style, Lucinda Handwriting, Abadi MT Condensed, Corbel Reg and Bold, Copperplate Gothic Bold. Every one of those fonts were replaced by default font."

Hi Ken,

open the InDesign document on your old machine.

Go to main menu: Type > Find Font…

All the font styles that are used in this particular document are listed.

Select a given font style, do "More Info" and look at the path where the font style's file is inst

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that all preferences in Id on old and new computer are exactly the same. 

Under preferences>File Handling>Fonts....Auto-activate Adobe Fonts is checked on both computers

Id version on both computers is 17.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken said: "Surely there must be a way to get those missing fonts, e.g.Bookman Old Style, Lucinda Handwriting, Abadi MT Condensed, Corbel Reg and Bold, Copperplate Gothic Bold. Every one of those fonts were replaced by default font."

Hi Ken,

open the InDesign document on your old machine.

Go to main menu: Type > Find Font…

All the font styles that are used in this particular document are listed.

Select a given font style, do "More Info" and look at the path where the font style's file is installed on this old machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uwe,

I got it. That was the solution.

You saved me a ton of work and sweat.

Thanks very much for your timely help.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines