• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is AIGPUSniffer?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain what AIGPUSniffer is, and why it launches briefly whenever I open an InDesign CC 2015 file? See attached dock screenshot. It's only open for a second or two, and makes the screen flash. I can see threads connecting it to Bridge, which I'm not using (or have installed). Please advice.

screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's a lot, You are amazing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bulentkiyiskan Level 1

I found the solution in Apple forum:

AIGPUSniffer quit Unexpectedly |Official Apple Support Communities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty confident that the AIGPUSniffer is simply a small app that takes a look at your onboard graphics processor to see if it's compatible with performance features introduced in 2014 for some Windows computers and 2015 for both Windows and Mac platforms. The following Adobe Illustrator support link has a more detailed explanation: GPU Performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever find out the answer to this sniffer application that begins to launch when you launch Indesign CC 2015? I hate feeling like my computer is being violated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem but with adobe Illustrator CC 2015 , I don't know why, but it's the first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got an Illustrator problem, you'll get a lot more help in the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this today with the last version of Adobe Premiere CC

"AIGPUSniffer" interrupted restart.

To continue the restart, quit "AIGPUSniffer"

Shot 2017-05-02 at 10.22.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message today.  CC has been dragging and ID was stuck. I got this when I tried to reboot. I thought it was a virus at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“go to Bridge preferences and make sure the file type association for .ait and .ai are for Illustrator and not AIGPUSniffer“

i love Apple... but some of their practices and system settings seem to change on their own. Could be adobe though. Apples GPU or lack of GPU usage options blow my mind...  hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to call out Adobe for NOT answering this while the Apple forums did answer it. I've found Adobe's customer service has seriously degraded w/ pleas for help in forums often met w/ derision, disbelief and gaslighting by obvious shills. Not a good way to run a biz. Great way to run a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Mojave last night on a new iMAC and I was wondering what on earth an AIGPU Sniffer even is??? I've never experienced this before. This afternoon I had Photoshop 2018 and Illustrator and InDesign all open and then this weird thing showed up in my menu bar and I don't know what to do with it. What is it for? What does it do? Can I just take it out of the menu bar? I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ignore it. It’s been running for years, but it looks as though changes in mojave mean that for some reason background tasks are showing in the Dock. (The menu bar is at the top, the Dock is at the bottom). At some point either Apple or Adobe will change things so we aren’t troubled by it, and it will carry on doing its job in peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines