Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's wrong with alt+tab ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I found a behavior of InDesign that is not have other products Ai, Ph, Acrobat etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYl8Fi9eQsDYxu5-ZaMxqmb0gD8i-S4d/view?usp=sharing

In the video I'm showing Active folder with InDesign file.

When double click the InDeisgn opens the file and it should became Active.

So, it means If I push Alt+tab then the folder have to be activeted but no. It activates again InDesign.

You have to push Alt+Tab+Tab

Same thing happen if you close the window in the InDesign and want to go to Active folder by alt+tab it doesn't work. You have to push twise (Alt+Tab 2x)

For lots of users will not found this as issue (they work always with mouse) -- however these slows down the work quite when you work with lot's of kayboard shortacts.

I hope you could solve the issue. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not completely following what you expect from this setup, but I will note that applications often open in less than obvious ways; that is, there might be a sequence of windows that is not quite as it appears in stacking order. So you might think one Alt-Tab will take you to the desired window, but the hidden stacking order means there's another one in the way.

Not sure, thus, that this is a bug, but just unexpected behavior. But explain further if you think I've missed your point.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @James Gifford—NitroPress 

Thank you for the replay. And yes I already mentioned that it could not be an issue for maybe most of the InDesign users.
However if someone works with lot's of different type of files Ai Ps and Id for example. It is mandatory to have same behaving for all apps. I mean when you have to hope lot's of times between apps.

Would be great if it can be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could not duplicate this behavior on my Windows machine.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines