Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Adding new pages to file InDesign forces a Save As

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys. 
When adding any new pages to my file, or applying a master page to an existing page, InDesign is prompting me to "Save As" for every instance. The other files in my book aren't doing this.

I have been working on this particular file since June and this is the first time this has happened.

Please help

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Document may be corrupting. Export to IDML and see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document may be corrupting. Export to IDML and see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sort of solves the problem. When I have it as IDML file. it seems to work fine but when I resaved it as a normal INDD. the issue came back.

I also just noticed the file sizem and I'm not sure what has happened thre, but its over a Gig and a quarter! thats more than 10 times bigger than the rest of the book combined! 
I have someone else working on this file with me, so I may have to restor the backup and see whats happening there,

Thank you so much. Your solution did work, but it looks like I might have other problems going on that I didn't see before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As and Addition, it was the file size casuing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The IDML should clear out file bloat. Not sure how it's getting that big, unless you're pasting large graphics in it rather than linking (which can lead to all kinds of issues).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines