• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Control Panel is active Indesign is very slow, when I turn it off its almost night and day fast

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Control Panel is active Indesign is very slow, when I turn it off its almost night and day faster.

This is also happening when I open the character panel?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-document-crashes-repeatedly-when-objects-are-moved/m-p/11351034#M197785 - it looks like v15 drive crazy many users. Try to use it previous ID v14 and send samples to Adobe support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Does this happen with one file or multiple files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903

Indesign Version 15.1.1 x64

Happens on multiple files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Trashing preferences did not resolve it. 

Indesign isn't just slow - it is impossible to use for minutes at a time. If I dare to open the Control Panel (which I use all the time normally) I can forget about working for minutes. Then having closed it again - something which doesn't happen instantly - it involves a long wait. The spinning wheel of doom continues to appear even when Indesign isn't frozen, as if something 'extra' is happening in the background with every click of the mouse, even when doing something very simple e.g. selecting a frame. 

This is a new installation of the latest version of CC 15.1.1 x64

On a new Windows 10 machine which was a big upgrade from my previous one, which was starting to struggle with other CC apps. 

I've already disabled Font Preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-document-crashes-repeatedly-when-objects-are-moved/... - it looks like v15 drive crazy many users. Try to use it previous ID v14 and send samples to Adobe support. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain what you mean by 'send samples to Adobe support' ? 

Samples of what, exactly, and how do we send them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examples of .indd files that do your InDesign slow. Or - Are you have such behaviour on all files?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - it is all files. Even newly created empty documents. But I am trying to work on two books with approaching deadlines, lots of images and plenty to do. This is now a serious problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Font Preview enabled? Does it help if you disable it in your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no - it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines