• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is search story?

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to ID 2022, and doing a find/change and only have the option to search the Document or All Documents.  No search story, selection, or whatever other criteria used to be there.  Anyone know how I get those back? They are pretty critical to my workflow.

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Hi @printlives:

Either click an insertion point in the story or select the frame. Then it will be available. This has not changed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @printlives:

Either click an insertion point in the story or select the frame. Then it will be available. This has not changed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, not sure what was happening, but its there now.  I have used ID for 20 years and I know I was clicked in an insertion point before but I swear  it wasn't showing up.  Weird.  Things have definitely seemed buggy since I upgraded—also upgraded to Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @printlives:

It's consistent for me—I have to have to the target the story to see Story listed—that's why I had a quick answer.

At any rate, glad you are back on track. 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue were only option was to search All Documents or Document; searching Story, To End of Story, and Selection was gone. Needed to only search selected text, which was selected, but only had the two options.

Quite InDesign and restarted know all search options are back.

Most be some sort of intermittent bug.

Have also had issues with command shortcuts not working, then working after restarting InDesign. ie. Ctrl+O, Ctrl+W, Ctrl+P, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines