• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

while exporting interactive PDF from InDesign for number list reading order was not in correct order

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting  Interactive PDF from InDesign as per below setting.

Ganesh_In_0-1667209950443.png

All the reading order is fine excpet the Number list and Alpha list. Instead of reading order number 5 it shows and 142. I also tried using Article option but it does not work. Please refer the below screen shot.  We need to manually change the reading order.

Ganesh_In_1-1667210049283.png

Herewith I attached InDesign file and PDF for reference.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: how is the Tag-order? Is that oke? The logical/reading order you show here is determined bij the Layer order in InDesign. So check the layer order, it 'reads' bottom to top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frans 

Thanks for you quick reply. I have the layers from Bottom to top only, but still I have the same issue. Tag order also I checked I attached the screenshot.

Ganesh_In_0-1667219509947.png

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are XML tags, nothing to do with Accessibility tags. Those you set in the Paragraph Styles. Check in the tags tree in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Open your layers to show what is in the layer (open the little trangle before the layers name).

But to be honest, and no offence, from your question and answers I can read that you know to little about the subject... You need some proper training on this subject...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Tag order it was in correct position, but the reading order was not in the correct order to fix this in PDF I need to drag to the correct position, but I have more number of pages it will take effort to perform this in PDF. I have source InDesign application file and also I attached for your reference there is any way to fix in InDesign to peform the correct reading order in PDF,

Ganesh_In_0-1667223293834.png

Master page layer is the main text layer in that we don't have any sub-layer

Ganesh_In_1-1667223449762.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your confusing a lot ot thing: the Tags you talk about and show are XML tags, the Reading order you talk about is for Accessible PDF and is dependent on the Layer order (bottom to top) (Logical or Z-order pane in Acrobat Pro), the Accessible PDF Tags are set in Paragraph styles, this Tag order is set by either the document order of the layout or by the Articles-panel (Tag pane in Acrobat Pro). And there there is the Content order as well (Content Pane in Acrobat Pro) So what is it you want to achieve and also why, for which kind of PDF??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My requirement is Accessible PDF only. I will take care of the tags in InDesign paragraphs styles. My only concern is reading order. I also checked the Layers in InDesign in "Master page Layers" name I have all the text in single thread. I also tried by placing the text frame in Article Panel still I have the same issue in Reading order. In my initial mail I attached InDesign file if you have time please open the file and have a look.

Ganesh_In_0-1667288010144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ganesh_In 

Have you managed to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Eugene Tyson 

Not yet. But I came to know that screen reader will read the content based on the Tag order not as per the reading order. But I think braille device need reading order. 

Thanks

Ganesh.r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines