• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I see my open window in Indesign?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All menus indicate that the window (document) is open, but it doesn't show. I can't see the toolbar on the right either, the one showing colors, layers etc. I haven't had this problem before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and now it works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Try these things:

1 Try pressing Tab

2 Reset your Workspace

3 Reset your InDesign Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Indesign 13.0.1 and Mac OS 10.13.2

I've tried to reset preferences and workspace, and I still can't see my workspace. I don't have China antivirus either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and now it works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad you fixed it 👍 How come you smiley faced your comment tho? Its annoying isnt it that you have to uninstall and reinstall a program just because indesign techs didnt do their job properly? Id be angry, in fact I am angry because Im here for the same issue 😣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the exact same issue with my opened InDesign file not being visible.

I followed the three steps suggested by Derek, in the order shown, and step three worked a charm, i.e resetting my InDesign Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have some China antivirus? One of my contacts have it and InDesign don't start normally as

"All menus indicate that the window (document) is open, but it doesn't show".

If yes - delete this animal.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untrue, Im no professional but I find lots of stuff that indesign doesnt do because now its hinged to the internet and is buggy. My dad says he way preferred Quark, indesign was jst cheaper. Now its more expensive. Its the way of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines