• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does master A2 appear to me instead of A1 after the loop? INDESIGN...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlaczego po pętli pojawia się master A2 zamiast A1? Mastery wyglądają tak AA BB C i pętla . C
Czyli A1A2 B1B2 C1A1 tak to powinno wyglądać i u mnie jest to A1A2 B1B2 C1A2, dlaczego A2? jak to zmienić

a1.jpgb1.jpgc.jpg1.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a notebook for 200 pages , 5 pages are 5 masters and there is supposed to be a repetition of pages , only as I wrote I do not understand why in my case is after C the second page of master A and not the first one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why does master A2 appear to me instead of A1 after the loop? The masters look like this AA BB C and loop . C
So A1A2 B1B2 C1A1 this is how it should look like and in my case it is A1A2 B1B2 C1A2 , why A2? how to change it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dzień dobry!
Jeśli dokument jest skonfigurowany tak, aby zawierał strony lewe i prawe, strony nadrzędne (wzorcowe) również muszą być lewe i prawe.
Jeśli chcesz obrócić 5 stron, nie jest to liczba parzysta oparta na 2 stronach. InDesign nie może operować (przetasowywać) tego w obie strony.
Możesz spróbować ustawić C Master tak, aby był oparty na dwóch stronach zamiast na 1. Lub, co bardziej prawdopodobne, możesz skonfigurować dokument i wszystkie strony nadrzędne/wzorcowe w oparciu o pojedyncze strony.

Good morning!
If a document is setup to be left and right hand pages, then the parent (master) pages must also be left and right handed.
If you want a rotation of 5 pages, that is not an even number based on 2 pages. InDesign cannot operate (shuffle) it both ways.
You could try to set the C Master to be based on two-pages instead of 1. Or, more likely, you could make the document setup and all the parent/master pages based on single pages.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah ok ... too bad there is no such option . I was thinking to make one extra in master C but then it would have to be blank and I would not want it to be a blank page, nor can I give the same content there as it is in A1 because it will just copy the content and it will be the same in C2 and A1. So I am left to do it manually or add some content in C2 eh....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tak. You will need 5 single-page masters and the document setup will also have to be adjusted to single pages.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not part of the questioned problem. But I see the running headers are inside your borders. But running headers     and pge numbers must always be outside the page margins to avoid conflicts with the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines