• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my image change on my InDesign project?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am posting because I am working on a school assignment and I placed a  DCS.2.0 file from photoshop into the InDesign file. When I export the file and package it the picture in the pdf changes. Please someone help.

What its supposed to look like:

Screenshot 2022-02-12 011318.png

What It exports as:

Screenshot 2022-02-12 010405.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you use DCS?

Save it as a tiff or psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you save the file yourself, or is it from an external source?

DCS 2, which is a form of encapuslated postscript, implies that there is at least one spot color channel in the image. Are you using spot colors in your file?

As Eugene said, you could resave the file in Photoshop. Both .psd and .tif formats support spot channels. If you ar not actually using spot color in your project you can edit the image in Photoshop by loading the spot channel as a selection, then turn it off and target the RGB or CMYK (depending on the file color mode) and fill the selection with an appropriate color. Editing a grayscale image with a spot channel or a duotone image would be a bit more complex, but could also be done. Even easier would be to leave the spot channel intact in the image and use InDesign's Ink Manager to convert the spot color to process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines