• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why I can not see the templete I create on the library?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a  wedding album, and I want to save templates on the library, but I can not see them when I want to choose them; only I can see the name... on the previous version, I could save them and see them like in the pages. 

Please,Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 19.33.23.png

is anyone able to help me?

Thanks 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

The tutorial is showing you how to create a local .indl Library—it’s not using the CC Libraries panel. You only need to use the CC Libraries panel if you need the assets to be saved to the cloud for remote syncing and sharing.

To get what you are seeing in the video choose File>New>Library and save the .indl file to your local drive:

Screen Shot 5.png

The saved Library can be opened as a panel:

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Camaycb ,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try the suggestions shared in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/creative-cloud-libraries-sync-share-assets.html and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry, I think I am being so silly today. But I am still unable to
do it... please can you guide me?

Thanks
*Carmen Carrera *

*https://www.carmen-carrera.com/ <>*

*https://www.carmen-carrera.com/nataliacarmenwedding
<>*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Camaycb ,

what exactly did you store in that CC Library?

What kind of asset is it?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am going to try to explain myself. I am createing a wedding album and because i am going to do 4 or 5 this months I am traying to create diferent layaouts for the pictures as creating rectangle for pictures and then save them in the library and drop off on other pages to repeat the same format/layaout page . 

I hope that make sense. 

When I select the rectangles I did create on the page and drag them to the library to save them I can do that , but I can not see in the icon what is the templete i did save it on each one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Camaycb , Does the rectangle contain an image or at least a fill:

Screen Shot 29.png

You also might look at Object Styles for creating rectangle and applying formatting

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/object-styles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the rectangle is just like your artwork 1, ready to drop off in a page and then be able to drop images on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what i want create in the library is what this girls does in this tutorial, but I can not see the icons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRj-eA4qKnc

I am not sure if in the new version we can not do it as I did on CS6 and was working like in that video, 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial is showing you how to create a local .indl Library—it’s not using the CC Libraries panel. You only need to use the CC Libraries panel if you need the assets to be saved to the cloud for remote syncing and sharing.

To get what you are seeing in the video choose File>New>Library and save the .indl file to your local drive:

Screen Shot 5.png

The saved Library can be opened as a panel:

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are the best!!! Thank you!! I have been so silly!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines