• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why when I print from Indesign I get a grid of thin white lines across the page?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my program, I am now getting a thin white line down the center of the page and two going horizontaly across the page whenever I print from indesign? I have not change any setting. I even went back and printed an old document from several months ago and now it is printing that way too. I thought at first it was the printer but it is coming from Indesign. If I export my document as a PDF then it prints that it is fine. It only seems to have this issue when I print directly from InDesign. What is causing this and how do i fix it.

TOPICS
Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_9502.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly recommend to export as PDF/X-4 first and print from Acrobat. As not all printers work with all programs, not every driver cooperates well with InDesign. But with Acrobat you will find less problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had any problems printing for the last two years. This problem has just started a month ago after I updated the InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kristie277438791y0i , When you print from InDesign do you have Send Data set to All in the Print Dialog’s Graphics tab? Also, make sure the Transparency Flattener Preset is set to [High Resolution].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious…what kind of printer is it, like it is an inkjet or laser printer, desktop sized?

When I see odd artifacts printing from InDesign on my desktop inkjet printer, one thing that can help in the Print dialog box is to go to the Advanced panel, enable Print as Bitmap, and enter a resolution supported by my printer hardware. If you don’t know what to enter for ppi, try 300 or 600 ppi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print Bitmap is already enabled at 300 ppi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also having the same problem when printing from another program such as Illustrator or Photoshop? I would suggest testing the other apps just to be absolutely certain that it is an InDesign issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested the other programs, but it is only when I print from InDesign. It does not show up on the screen or when I export it. Only when I print directly from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you show capures of your Advanced and Graphics tabs? Also, are you printing at the printer’s highest resolution, which would be set in the print driver’s dialog:

Screen Shot 41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines