• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window snapping not working för InDesign 2024

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to InDesign 2024. I use BetterSnapTool to arrange my app-windows in order to have a efficient and practical workflow. But InDesign 2024 does not work with BetterSnapTool (BST) or any other window-snapping apps due to this reason I received from the BST support:

"Unfortunately all window manager apps on macOS are affected by this, Adobe has broken their window resizing behavior in their recent updates. Their products do not respond correctly to window resizing requests using the macOS Accessibility API anymore. As of now I don't think there is anything I can do to fix this. If possible please also report to Adobe, they would need to fix this in their apps."
BST works with every other application. I have reset InDesign preferences, but it still does not work properly. Therefore I still use InDesign 2023, since BST works perfectly fine with that application. The problem is that when I for instance snap ID2024 to 2/3 of the screen and I put another application in 1/3 of the screen (so far it works) but when I go to the 1/3 app and copy information and return to ID2024, ID2024 goes back to full screen again. Very annoying and it destroys my workflow. Adobe please fix this! I enclose a short videoclip to show how badly it behaves...

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

I suggest that you submit this as a feature request at https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests. You have posted this issue in a user to user forum where it may or may not be seen by official Adobe. If you post it to the link I've provided you may be able to get action on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have you contacted BST?
Maybe they have an update? 

Not really sure why this is an Adobe issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I read their support on this. But as I clearly wrote it's not only BST that does not work, but all window-snapping apps. I have tried the app called "Moom" with the same result. And BST works perfectly fine in InDesign 2023. BST clearly wrote that "as of now I don't think there is anything I can do to fix this." So therfore I believe this problem can be resolved only by Adobe. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you submit this as a feature request at https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests. You have posted this issue in a user to user forum where it may or may not be seen by official Adobe. If you post it to the link I've provided you may be able to get action on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for suggestion. I have reported it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange it is not working with Adobe, wonder what changed, the only suggestion is from @Bill Silbert to report it in the official channel.

I'd still keep trying with BST and see if they are aware and rolling out a solution their side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank You. I will follow BST support-site and see if they come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And btw just a heads-up: in the forthcoming macOS 15 Sequoia, Apple introduces its own window management abilities. (I'm not sure how robust they are as I have no use for them.) Regardless, they are not available in Adobe apps either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to switch to 19.1 as described below, I have the same problem. Adobe's accessibility API is basically non-existent.

InDesign resets window position set by Magnet utility on macOS – Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines