Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Windows Font Management Software

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is everyone using for a font manager on Windows 10? I've was using the paid version of FontBase, but that really slowed down the Adobe Programs work, closing windows took 5-10 secs. Purchased Suitcase Fusion, but while the windows closed a bit better it still hung alot.

Trying Font Expert 21 now.

TIA

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

My machine specs are : Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font Explorer X Pro.

It's working, but I dislike it. It starts slowly, but it allows after some config to manage the fonts quite well. However, the Adobe fonts simply work better. But as we still have a collection of fonts and Adobe from time to time drops some fonts, you sometimes need to acquire third-party fonts. But also here, Adobe has made progress as you can add your fonts to the cloud fonts. So privately, I dropped all font managers currently.

We got it to be able to install fonts as standard users because there were no exceptions any more to admin rights at the time under Windows 7.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use Linotype's Font Explorer on all the Windows workstations in the studio so that we can manage our traditional installed fonts, keeping them separate from online "cloud" fonts from Adobe, fonts.com, and other vendors.

It itself takes a minute+ to launch, but I go in, swap out fonts, and exit the program. That's a trick I learned from the software engineers at several of the font management companies I beta tested for.

Time is a big problem with all our software that constantly pings the mother ship at Adobe, Linotype, and other font foundries. So turn off these background services whenever you can.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs |
Books & Classes | PubCom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines