• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspace reverts to Essential for every new document

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having an issue where every document that I open reverts the workspace to Essential. Is there a way to set this to my desired setting and make it stick. I've scoured the forums and tried everything mentioned from clearing caches and preferences to uninstalling and reinstalling. I've set the workspace with no documents open and closed and reopened the app but it just reverts back to Essential when I open a new/existing document. 

Please help! This is driving me crazy as I have to do it every time I open a document. 

I'm on an iMac (2020) with InDesign 16.4.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

This kept happening to me in 2021 & 2022. My hack/workaround is to get the workspace to where I want it and save it with my name. Then navigate to where the workspaces are (on a Mac):

/Users/(youruseracct)/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 16.0/en_US/Workspaces

and copy the workspace I just created. Paste it and rename Essentials.xml

That way, when it auto loads Essentials (for whatever reason) it loads your custom workspace. You can make a copy of the Essentials workspace and keep it some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same problem here... has been happening for 3 years at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Using iD 2023 on mac os 12.67. The problem is even worse for me because it will revert back to essentials while a document is open. This wasn't happening on iD 2022.

The real drag is the time suck especially when you are in and out of a bunch of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines