• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workspaces

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know when this started but Im having nothing but problems with workspaces. Pre-loaded, previously created, and new. And neither the drop down, nor menu works. When I toggle to what I want it doesnt load properly. And for my custom workspaces, they load all wrong and the menu shows "Essentials" is chosen even if I didnt choose that. So the "reset workspace" funcion doesnt work either.

And for some of them the windows are even bleeding off the screen, where they're stuck, since there is nothing available to grab to move them back.

Its wasting so much time constantly reconfiguring this over and over. And I work with an external monitor on my MacBook Pro so even after I manually reset everything, each time the computer goes to sleep it comes back with the windows all over the place again.

This is a function I have come to rely on over the years and its totally broken at the moment. Anyone experiencing the same or have a solve?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign also will not allow me to resize the document window as I wish. Every time I grab the bottom right corner it is auto sized to fit the whole screen. Not sure if these are related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• InDesign 2023
  • InDesign 2022 behaves wrong, but differently. The drop down for workspaces doesnt work at all there, but I can load them from the top menu. But they load all a mess, not the way I saved them.
  • Also, the workspaces aren't even the same between the two. It seems the edits I made in INDD 2023 did not take in the previous version. 
  • macOS Monterey (And thats all I can use per our IT dept)
  • Ram: 32GB 2400 MHz DDr4
  • Disc: 420GB Available

And no, I havent reset it to default. Then I would need to reset all my workspaces, wouldnt I?

I've had this machine since 2018. And I always use the most recent version of INDD. Everything worked fine until recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you feel that the issue is with the current version of InDesign maybe install the previous version, if you didn't have problems with that version.

(You can save the preferences - do a search to see how.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned there are problems with the previous version as well. And these programs are not cheap—they should work. Thanks for your input though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A curious business. Do you have a third-party app installed, such as a font manager? 
I think you're going to have to bite on the bullet and use the Adobe Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No third party apps. And never heard of that. But looks like it requires another app to be installed, which would require special permission in my case, due to my employers security protocols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how you can carry on working with InDesign with those problems.

This is how to reset the preferences to see if it (hopefully sorts the issue out.

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.
If you don't see the question repeat the procedure again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New development... Im not having this problem with another work station. Was experiencing this at the office yesterday while using both a monitor and the laptop screen. But its not a problem at home in clamshell mode with 2 external monitors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't have any links at my fingertips, but there are a number of threads here about problems with dual monitors which you might want to search for and read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines