• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP replace works manually but fails with doc.metadataPreferences.replace() only for a property

People's Champ ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Either I am missing the obvious or is it a bug, I hope you have an idea. I have a XMP file that I want to replace current metadata within InDesign document. My replacement routine (doc.metadataPreferences.replace()) works as most of the properties are updated.

However there is one that stays untouched and I can't figure why. The property is the xmpRights:Marked field which in the UI stands for Copyright status. The documentation states that this value is a boolean (True>copyrighted, False>Public Domain). But there is a third state which is "unknown" and documentation says that in this case, you can omit the property.

Allright, allright, so I update XMP file to delete property and I get to the point: That updated xmp file will change the xmpRights:Marked value if I load this file manually. However, the same file loaded with metadataPreferences.replace(xmpFile, true) doesn't affect the UI value nor the XMP structure.

Hence my questioning of a possible bug. Has anyone any experience on resetting this particular xmp field?

Loic

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug if it works via UI but not via script. @Rishabh_Tiwari could you get some help/info on this one please.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Manan Joshi for the concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Loic.Aigon 

Thank you for reaching out and highlighting this. I'll escalate this to the team and update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Thank you @Manan Joshi, for tagging. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines