• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Indesign CS6 under Windows 10 64bit

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application starts, small square with Indesign icon  appears, but when in that Square I see words "Starting up service registry" that square closes and program won't start. I also don't get any error message.

I've tried to reinstall the application and the whole Master collection Suit.

I've tried to start it under all possible compatibility modes, also as administrator. Nothing helps window still disappears and I get no error messages. Any ideas how to fix it? Photoshop and Illustrator works I also have CC installed but it is licensed on my boss and I can't use it for side projects and my own CS6 Indesign wont' start.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Then my best suggestion would be to dual boot the computer into Windows 7 and use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing other versions of InDesign from the CC app just to see if it works?

From the Creative Cloud App click the down arrow next to the InDesign Open button. Choose Manage and then Other Versions. You will see all the versions going back to CS6 that you can install. You can also have multiple versions installed at the same time.

install-previous-indesign.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't try it, but as I said I can't use CC or any older version installed via CC, cause CC is registered on another Adobe ID and I am allowed to use it only for the projects of agency where I work. And this is my private project which I can do using the CS6 master collection I bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then my best suggestion would be to dual boot the computer into Windows 7 and use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gonna try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported under Windows 10 and if you've tried Windows 7 compatibility, I'm afraid you're on your own.

With each update of Windows 10 it gets harder and harder to maintain older versions of software. If this is mission critical it may be time to move to Creative Cloud. CS6 is almost 7 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thank you for your suggestion, but the problem that the CC costs more in year than I earn with my small side projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine was working with windows 10.  A problem this week though.  I uninstalled and reinstall all adobe programs, restarted computer and same message.  Other programs OK though which is good.  Talked to adobe today and they deleted creative cloud and installed a patch and restarted computer but same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines