• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Scene7 for Indesign CS6 extension won't install

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Indesign CS6. Up until 2 days ago I had an extension installed for Scene7. This gave the ability to export .fxg files and it gave me a window to upload my final files to my system. Yesterday, the window was blank. This was the case on all my machines for may company, MAC and Windows. I removed the extension and tried to reinstall it. It gave me the error "The extension 'Scene7' does not contain valid signature. The extension will not be installed. Since I uninstalled this, I can no longer export files as .fxg. Can someone please tell me what changed in the past 2 days with InDesign CS6 that would have caused this issue? I have not don't any software updates.

I need this to get fixed, since my whole business is dependent on this. Someone please advise how to fix this, or at least how to make it so I can export .fxg files again. 

Thank you.

–steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

I’ve discovered the plugin for scene7 has expired. I set my clock back on my MAC to October and now everything works. This only helps figure out the problem, since I Design won’t function without the clock on automatic. I hope adobe can simply update the signature for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you upgrade anything in the meanwhile ?

I could find this :

https://specctr.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201180226-Can-t-Install-no-valid-signature-

See if that helps.

Apart from that, CC- extensions are basically swf files embedded in a zxp package (zip like). If ExtensionManager is no help, you can try renaming zxp to zip, unzip and place the embedded swf file into the InDesign Plugins/Panels folder. Then relaunch InDesign.

However although the extension may appear and possibly working for the most of it, it may also work partially if the internal code calls plugins or dependancies that need to be installed too in specific folders.

If the latest, you can try to introspect mxi and manifest files to see what files need to be installed and where…

But best thing is trying to fix EM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 has not changed in years. It is past end of life. So something else changed. Maybe your extension's signature has expired, and you need a new one. Maybe it is finished and cannot be used any more. Certainly, it does not work with any current or supported version of InDesign. FXG support is also dropped from Flash in current versions, and Flash itself has a date where it will stop working (2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve discovered the plugin for scene7 has expired. I set my clock back on my MAC to October and now everything works. This only helps figure out the problem, since I Design won’t function without the clock on automatic. I hope adobe can simply update the signature for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the support links I could find:

Scene7, customer login | Adobe Experience Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines