All I want to do is place a black border around my graphic

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image in a document I am trying to place a black border/frame around it.  I have several other images but this one which just won't work.  I also want to apply a drop shadow to it, and this function doesn't work as well.  I have done this many times before, but with the chanegs to Indesign, this doesn't work for me.  Anyone have any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

You can’t add a stroke to an image—it has to be applied to the image’s parent container.

Here I have the image selected and the Stroke panel is grayed out

Screen Shot 16.png

If I select the container frame with the black Selection tool, the Stroke panel is enabled:

Screen Shot 17.png

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All I want to do is place a black border around my graphic

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image in a document I am trying to place a black border/frame around it.  I have several other images but this one which just won't work.  I also want to apply a drop shadow to it, and this function doesn't work as well.  I have done this many times before, but with the chanegs to Indesign, this doesn't work for me.  Anyone have any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

You can’t add a stroke to an image—it has to be applied to the image’s parent container.

Screen Shot 16.png

If I select the container frame with the black Selection tool, the Stroke panel is enabled:

Screen Shot 17.png

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show some screen shots to show your links panel with the item selected, and what result you are getting when you try to apply the shadow and the border. Use the insert photo icon so that the images show up directly in the post. Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 2.28.49 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 16.png

Screen Shot 17.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob Day, thanks so much. This helps me a lot. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0