Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot move with partially hidden pop-up window

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, 

I am often working with different screen sizes, moving from a wider screen to smaller; it happened to me that a pop-up window - in this case, the Find&Replace window - got stuck in the screen's corner and I am unable to move it from there because - obviously for some reason - the enabling control element is only in the top bar of such windows. Can you help me with it?  Thank you.

mayakav_0-1594993073529.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hi Maya:

Click on the Find/Change dialog box to make it active. Tap Alt+Spacebar (to open the menu), then the letter M (for move). Now tap the down arrow keys and right arrows keys to move it with the keyboard.

~Barb

fc.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mayakav,

you could close it by typing Ctrl + f or Cmd + f ( when on Mac OS X ).

You should be able to change its position if you reset your current workspace "Maria".

Or if you switch to a different workspace like "Typography" and reset that.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe 

I have already tried these options but it is still staying in the same position in my right screen corner. See the snip. 

Last time this happened, I had to reinstall InDesign to get rid of it. I'd like to avoid that today. 

mayakav_0-1595001287299.png

Thank you,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maya:

Click on the Find/Change dialog box to make it active. Tap Alt+Spacebar (to open the menu), then the letter M (for move). Now tap the down arrow keys and right arrows keys to move it with the keyboard.

~Barb

fc.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but the thing is, pressing ALT-spacebar, then M and arrows does nothing. I can't move that box.

It's the dialog you get in Indesign when you want to export a document to PDF.

AIdialog.JPG

Hope someone can help, resetting workspace, change to another etc. didn't help.

Thanks.

/Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution. the problem is the dialog is not a normal window, like the find/change. I hasn't got a CLOSE button fx.:

ThomasNOV_0-1665733057137.png

Anyways, I foudn out I needed to clear any preferences within indesign, so SHIFT+CTRL+ALT when starting the program let's you do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb. It worked. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread but I came across it while I encountered a similar issue with my Preferences dialog box. None of the provided solutions worked (here and elsewhere) and I was hoping to avoid resetting my preferences. I ended up changing the resolution of my screen and that allowed me to move it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lindsayw60746877,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the solution that worked for you. I am sure it will help other community members. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines