Highlighted

change the default units permanently

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to change the units of measurement. Edit, Preferences and then I can change picas to inches or whatever. In the old CC 6, this would become the default. Now, in the online InDesign, every single new document I have to change the preferences from picas to inches. Is there a way to permanently change this? It's annoying as heck!

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Close all documents. Change the value From InDesign Preferences, Units and Increments.

You have to do this with no documents open at all to make it default.

Older documents you already had, there you have to change it once and then save the document

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

change the default units permanently

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to change the units of measurement. Edit, Preferences and then I can change picas to inches or whatever. In the old CC 6, this would become the default. Now, in the online InDesign, every single new document I have to change the preferences from picas to inches. Is there a way to permanently change this? It's annoying as heck!

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Close all documents. Change the value From InDesign Preferences, Units and Increments.

Older documents you already had, there you have to change it once and then save the document

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. That was ridiculously easy. Thank you--it was driving me nuts having to change the units every single time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much! This has been driving me nuts for years now. 😬🙃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0