Do QR business cards expire?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working on a business card in which I want to put a QR code that anyone could scan and get more of my contact information (eg. personal URL, address, etc.).

My question is, say it's been about 1 year and someone scans the QR code. Will it still show the information I had initially set up?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020
Unless the camera has a hard time reading the paper (faded, damaged paper for example), yes, it will continue to work. The data is in the code. 

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless the camera has a hard time reading the paper (faded, damaged paper for example), yes, it will continue to work. The data is in the code. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL is in the QR code. But some companies sell Qr codes made with link shorteners. These short links might expire. So be sure you know what actual URL is encoded in the barcode. If InDesign makes them they are as permanent as the address itself. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also see what is the difference between a static and dynamic QR code

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines