• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document setup bleed lines absent

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up the bleed on a set of InDesign CS5.5 documents. When I go to File: Document Setup: More Options, and set the bleed to .125 in, I don't see the little red bleed guide line outside my document outline. I've gone to InDesign: Preferences: Guides and Pasteboard, where I found there is an entry for the bleed guide. I can make guides just fine, I just can't get the bleed guide to show up on my pasteboard anymore.

All clues welcome.

Thanks.

--jody.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

You see other guides, but not the bleed guide?

Can you show us a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see other guides, but not the bleed guide?

Can you show us a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guide previews were turned off. I was able to turn them back on, and thus can now see the bleed guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.  Where is the "guide previews" setting?  What did you do to turn them back on?  Anything special?  thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The show/hide guides commands have moved around a bit from versiontoe version, I think, but they shoud still be someplace in the View Menu whatever version you might have. They will not be visible, however, in Preview mode (the pasteboard will also disappear).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!! Thanx!! CS5.5 BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Helped me in 2020 (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start here:

Do you have the pasteboard area on (hit: w)

If it does not show, you may need to trash your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to show guides (bleed, margins) hit ctrl+ ; for windows (you could have mentioned that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One good reply, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent reply Brother.\m/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID CC 2017 is creating this problem. My guides are not hidden, they simply are not showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful, however didn't solve my problem. I had to go to View > Screen Mode > Normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too; using the latest version ID CC 2018.  I found that if my bleed AND slug were set to the same value, the guide color would show for the slug....therefore I thought my bleed lines(set to fiery red in my preferences) were not showing up.  I changed the bleed amount..and magically my red bleed lines appeared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines