• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Experience improved performance in InDesign 15.0.3

Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand that the last release of InDesign had brought up some issues but the team has done its best to address most of them in this update.

I highly recommend that you update to the InDesign 15.0.3 to experience these improvements yourself.

The following issues have been fixed in this update:
1. InDesign crashes when using the text tool [https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/37443781-indesign-crash...]
2. Spellcheck feature not working on MAC [https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/39843622]
3. InDesign is recreating fonts folders after packaging files [https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39846805-adobefnt-lst-a...]
4. Comp files were not opening in InDesign

Sheena_Kaul_0-1589195220370.jpeg

In addition to these issue there are fixed for app stability and improvements for some features. The team has prioritized the remainder of issues that need to be fixed and you should see further improvements in future InDesign updates.
Check out the Fixed issues article for more details.

Reply to this post to share your experience with this update. We will share your feedback with the product team for their observations.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Print , Publish online , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reasons I don't understand, some of us may have to wait a few more days to see it. This was passed on in Prerelease:

"However, this time it has been done in an incremental manner and many of you must not see the updates as of today. By the end of the week, updates will roll out to all."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

This time the release has been done in an incremental manner so that we can capture all the user feedback and also if any issues arise we can fix them and send out a bug free update. 😊

Stay tuned as the update will be available to you shortly. 

Regards, 

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 'bug free' update?? Right, you'd wish! 😉 

Sadly, that may never happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how the experience has been so far but we're trying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was speaking in general, ever seen 'bug free' software? Me, never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, I'm still not seeing it available. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign to kick it into gear but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, 

The full rollout happened yesterday. The update should be available to you now. 
Are you still not seeing it?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je comprends mieux pourquoi cette nouvelle version tant attendue n'est pas encore disponible en Europe. Avez-vous une idée quand cette mise-à-jour sera ENFIN disponible ?

Merci et bien cordialement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've already started the release and since it is happening in phases you'll see the updates available for your region in sometime. I don't have any fixed date available yet but I'd suggest please follow this discussion for more updates. 

Stay tuned! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available in Europe now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, BUT my problem is alway present...Capture d’écran 2020-05-14 à 06.20.11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explanation of my problem:

I maintain the historical and photographic inventory of the fountains in my city and for this I use Adobe InDesign with Helvetica Neue fonts for writing. As new fountains are regularly installed, I have to update the initial document edited with version 15.0 then 15.0.1. So I start from an existing document.

After switching to version 15.0.2 and opening this document, the application informs me that it contains fonts currently unavailable on my computer and that it will replace them with the default font. This is a recurring problem with Adobe fonts enabled.

I went back to version 15.0.1 which does not pose any problem while waiting for the latest version 15.0.3 available this morning. I load this one and open my document (always the same one), bravo, everything seems correct… But after closing the document and quitting InDesign, the same error message appears when I open the recent composition again.

After deleting the InDesign preferences, the problem remains and I am singularly disappointed by the performance of this software in its latest updates…

I work on a Mac Pro 2013 with MacOS 10.14.6 and use Blurb to print my books, all edited under InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just analysed more deeply the entire text of the problematic file, i.e. 361 pages, and I found that a large part of my texts had lost their attribution: the font was recognised (Helvetica Neue), but not its characters (light, bold, etc.). After reassignment, everything seems to be back in order. I suppose that the large number of times I opened and closed this file may be the cause of this corruption. Therefore, you can forget my request and thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last remark: why have I never noticed this problem with version 15.0.1 and only since versions 15.0.2 and 15.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forget this message: "I have just analyzed more deeply the entire text of the problem file, 361 pages, and found that a large part of my texts had lost their attribution: the font was recognized (Helvetica Neue), but not its characters (light, bold, etc.). After reassignment, everything seems to be back in order. I suppose that the large number of times I opened and closed this file may be the cause of this corruption. Therefore, you can forget my request and thank you for your patience. ", my problem is still there and I had to go back to version 15.0.1 to be able to continue working .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> It's available in Europe now. 

Which of planet geography do you use it? Why in your galaxy Russia is not Europe? It still not available. That strange philosophy that update is not available for all smells like something real bad. Don't do like this never! 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George-S, I'll try to obtain answer from indesign.uservoice.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that response was specific to the mention of Europe. Since Gritche never mentioned Russia I assumed that the update will be available for this country which falls under Europe or probably one of the countries that I mentioned above. Moreover, in the recent response the user mentions that the issue comes up in version 15.0.3; looks like the update is available to them. 🙂 

Also, all other Adobe applications follow an incremental release approach and InDesign did for the first time so there's nothing to worry about. Just be patient and watch out for the update to be available for your region if it isn't already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ever since the update I have had issues with hyperlinks not being saved. I highlight text (or an image) and use the function to make it a hyperlink. It shows as a hyperlink in the Indesign file. I hit save, and then export as an Interactive PDF. The hyperlink is not live in the PDF but it LOOKs like a hyperlink (ie blue text with an underline). When I return to the IDD file, the hyperlink is no longer there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is info-thread about update. This is forum of users, not a support forum. You're and others with bugs info needs to report to support, check your bug on indesign.uservoice.com (if find it - voice up, if not find it do new thread on uservoice about this bug). Writing here about bugs is write to nowhere. Only after creation bug on uservoice you can do new thread about it with asking users to check your bug on their side and if they have it ask them to do "like" for your bug on uservoice. That's how it works. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, appreciate the advice. New to this so wasn't sure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am unable to launch InDesign. I have uninstalled and installed the application. Nothing works. I've tried finding help online but I can't find anything. 
This is the message I get when I try to open the aplication.

"Starup Alert. Adobe InDesign cannot load the FFBuildPanel.sdk.InDesignPlugin plug-in. The FFBuildPanel.sdk.InDesignPlugin plug-in requires the 12.0 version of InDesign. Please contact the vendor to get a compatible version of FFBuildPanel.sdk.InDesignPlugin.
Show this alert again?"

Has anyone experienced this? How can this be solved? I'm desperate to find a solution.

Indesign 15.0.3
MacOs 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines