• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File info window does not display on InDesign CC2019 on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesignCC 14.0.3; MacOS Catalina 10.15.3.

Earlier today I had to reset preferences. Now the File info window is invisible. I have trashed the Cache files in Library for InDesign, and restarted. This happens with a blank document. btw I cannot upgrade because the office software upgrades are controlled. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

I figured it out. Googled it. Found on InDesign Secrets https://indesignsecrets.com/topic/disappearing-file-info-dialog. This problem is probably due to the fact I have an external monitor.

« ...there is a file named “DVADialogPrefs.xml” located in the User Library folder in Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version X/en_US/DVADialogPrefs. (Hold down the Option key and choose Go > Library in the Finder to display the Library folder). Quitting InDesign, deleting the “DVADialogPrefs.xml” file, and restart

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. Googled it. Found on InDesign Secrets https://indesignsecrets.com/topic/disappearing-file-info-dialog. This problem is probably due to the fact I have an external monitor.

« ...there is a file named “DVADialogPrefs.xml” located in the User Library folder in Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version X/en_US/DVADialogPrefs. (Hold down the Option key and choose Go > Library in the Finder to display the Library folder). Quitting InDesign, deleting the “DVADialogPrefs.xml” file, and restarting InDesign fixes the problem, and allows the File Info dialog box to display properly. »

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Glad to hear you were able to find the solution. Thank you for sharing the details here. I am sure this information will help other users having same issue.
Feel free to reach out if you have any other concern, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines