• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable Japanese language in InDesign CS6?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I bought 10 or more years ago Creative Suite CS6 on CD (although I'm not sure if it matters). I'm working now with InDesign, the default language is my native one, Polish, but I need to create a document in Japanese using furigana (or ruby). On my InDesign language list there's no Japanese language option and although I can write in Japanese (there is a Japanese font), I can't use functions needed when writing in Japanese, especially using ruby. Is there a way to install the Japanese language pack/enable Japanese language funtion? I read elswhere on the forum, that you have to change your language settings on the CC account and then "magically" there appears "download the Japanese version" option, but it didn't happen in my case (or I'm doing with wrong).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

You’d need CC for that. I don’t think you can change the language in CS6 without the CJK version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing your language settings with a Cloud subscription have nothing to do with the CS6 you say you are using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’d need CC for that. I don’t think you can change the language in CS6 without the CJK version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Creative Cloud app (if that's what CC stands for), chose Japanese as the app language and...nothing. Not even the language of the app changed (there is no 'Save' button?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is free CC membership not enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A trial will run 7 days, I think.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was hoping I could get away without subscribing for the CC, but I guess it's impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently Harbs is still selling World Tools and World Tools Pro.

I don't know how far those will get you (you mentioned ruby) - see the last bullet point in the product sheet.

World Tools Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines