• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indd Control Palette is GINORMOUS; how to reduce?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want my control palette to be the entire length of my monitor screen (see screenshot of my desktop). HOW DO I FIX THIS? I’m constantly having to move it out of the way
(I don’t want to dock it); It’s like this on my laptop and my external monitor.

I’ve tried removing options from the control bar, but it doesn’t reduce the palette’s size, it just leaves a large gray area on the right.

I just upgraded to 2020 from 2018; I don’t recall having this problem in InDesign 2018

Current: Indesign 2020 (15.0.2);
MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.13.3),
with additional HP monitor.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Maybe try docking it by dragging the left bar up into home icon:

sel5.png

sel6.png

Then if you undock it you should be able to get at the lower right corner to resize:

sel7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on the application frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag it to any size you want. I find grabbing it with the mouse is easiest on the lower right side of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob!

Thank you for your input! : )  ... Turning on the Application frame doesn't do anything for it, and I can't grab the lower right side of the panel because it's right smack up against the edge of my screen. I also can't drag it to the left to expose the right side.... If you are able to see my screen shot, that's exactly what I'm up against... It is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dock it to the top, turn on the application frame and then pull it out of the dock. Does that give you enough room?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try docking it by dragging the left bar up into home icon:

sel5.png

sel6.png

Then if you undock it you should be able to get at the lower right corner to resize:

sel7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH MY GOD - I COULD KISS YOU! : )  Docking it to the top, then unhooking it from the dock and re-sizing it worked! Mwah, Mwah! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, looking more closely at your capture, the Control Bar could be pushed further to the left (grab the left bar), which will let you get to the reize corner on the right.

sel8.png

sel9.png

sel10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines