Highlighted

InDesign CS5.5 Download

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago I purchased InDesign CS5.5.  I now have a different computer with Windows 10.  My CD no longer works so I'm trying to download the softward.  I have the serial no., etc., but every time I try to download I'm asked for payment.  I don't want to upgrade; I simply want to use the software I've already purchased.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Not only will CS5 not work under Windows 10, you also can no longer download that version. You will need to upgrade as Derek said.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign CS5.5 Download

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago I purchased InDesign CS5.5.  I now have a different computer with Windows 10.  My CD no longer works so I'm trying to download the softward.  I have the serial no., etc., but every time I try to download I'm asked for payment.  I don't want to upgrade; I simply want to use the software I've already purchased.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Correct answer by Frans van der Geest ACP | Adobe Community Professional

Not only will CS5 not work under Windows 10, you also can no longer download that version. You will need to upgrade as Derek said.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS5.5 is 10 years old and not compatible with Windows 10, you need to upgrade to InDesign CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apacheslady1,

as far as I understand the situation you could still download the old CS5.5. installer, if:

1. You registered your CS5.5 with Adobe.

2. You bought your CS5.5 directly from Adobe.

3. And therefore you could see a download link in the Adobe account you registered that version with.

But even then:

You will not be able to download any bug-fix version with CS5.5. Adobe removed all installers recently.

What you could get only is the first version, not fixed: InDesign CS5.5 version 7.5.0.

A good summary can be found here:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 1
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't there a software copyright/license thing that made it impossible/illegal for Adobe to let users download versions before CC 2015 or something like that...?  Those older version links on prodesigntools are pretty dead...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see:

"So perpetual users are still able to utilize their software. But for those who purchased CS perpetual licenses and need or want to access installer downloads, the options have changed. It used to be that public-facing direct download links were available for versions like CS4, CS5, and CS5.5, but these have pretty much been taken down.

Now, instead, if you purchased the software directly from Adobe (via an Electronic Software Download), then the company says an installer download should be available under your account by using the process listed in “Find Downloaded Apps and Files” or “Download Older Versions of Adobe Apps.”

If you purchased perpetual software via a CD/DVD or from an authorized reseller/retailer, then make sure to complete the registration process discussed in “Find Your Serial Number.” If you can’t register your software, then you might be able to retrieve your working license key from your computer by running one of the free utilities described here.

Otherwise, if you are unable to find the disc media or serial number that was provided with your purchase, then you may be out of luck. However, volume license customers can still retrieve the volume license perpetual installation files at https://licensing.adobe.com/."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to jump into this discussion, since I am in a similar situation as Apachelady1.

First of all I should say that I have been using Creative Suite 5.5 for more than 3 years on both my Windows 10 machines, and it has worked without any problems, so CS5.5 _IS_ compatible with Win10.

My copy of CS5.5 was bought from a reseller, and I still have the disks and the serial number printed on the package. Back in 2011 I registered thsi serial number, and I can still see it today on my Adobe account.

A week ago I got a new laptop (Windows 10 Pro), but when I wanted to install CS5.5 from disks, I get an error message about a missing file. I am trying to download the CS5.5 file(s) from the Adobe site, but as you stated earlier, it seems the links have all been taken down. I tried using the links " “Find Downloaded Apps and Files” or “Download Older Versions of Adobe Apps.”, but the only thing that Adobe proposes is that I buy a licence for the latest version of their products. No links to download the old versions are provided.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THREE YEARS?

CS5.5 was released in 2011. It is not supported under Windows 10.

You can attempt to install it in Win 7 compatibility mode but you are on your own.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer I was running it on previously had Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0