• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign download fails

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download InDEsign using the Adobe Creative Cloud app, but it fails every time, and gives this error message:

Exit Code: 151

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 151) executing in command 'CreateMacAliasCommand' for package: 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul', version:1.1.4

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul Version: 1.1.4). Error code: '151'

WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried calling the support line and after half an hour was referred to technical support.

At the same time as the phone call I had started a chat with the support centre. The first person referred me to technical support after a couple of minutes. Then after an hour waiting I started another chat to find out why nobody was responding. That person told me that the Technical support centre was closed and my earlier chat will have been terminated because they could find no record of it. They told me the technical call centre is only available Monday to Friday 5am to 7pm PST. It might be useful to others to know this. I ended the phone call after 2 hours 15 minutes. Had I not also started the second chat, I would never have known that the phone call was not going to be answered for another 9 hours, and the first chat would never be responded to at all.

Any help to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine, my empathy re: your download/installation problem.

They told me the technical call centre is only available Monday to Friday 5am to 7pm PST.

Yes, that has been Adobe's policy for quite a few years. Supposedly we designers should only need help M-F during Pacific USA working hours. I think Adobe needs to adjust its policy.

RE: the error, I don't have answers and hopefully someone else will. But it looks like a conflict of something that already exists on your system.

To help us help you, can you give us some more details?

1. Have you installed other Creative Suite apps?
  2. Were they successfully installed?
  3. Have you had a previous installation of InDesign on your Mac? Maybe even a trial version?
  4. And did you check that you're logged in with the correct user name/password that your CC subscription is under? (some people have multiple IDs for various reasons)
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

1. Have you installed other Creative Suite apps? Yes.
  2. Were they successfully installed? Yes
  3. Have you had a previous installation of InDesign on your Mac? Maybe even a trial version? Not that I can recall.
  4. And did you check that you're logged in with the correct user name/password that your CC subscription is under? (some people have multiple IDs for various reasons) Yes correctly logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, your query about any previous installations led me to searching my Mac for the word InDesign. From that I found the app, it was installed today but the link to it was broken for some reason.

When I tried to open it InDesign told me it couldn't find the files it needed and asked to link to them in another location. It would appear that in the installation process the logged location of the installed files referred to on opening is different to the actual location that resulted from the install.

InDesign opened a Trial version with 0.0 days available. However I have been able to open a project, modify it, and save it. 

Hopefully I can get the job done before 0.0 days runs out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And Adobe tech support is now open to help you resolve the installation problem.

Good luck with the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you wrote in the error message, it appears that there is a conflict with the ICC color profiles in the ColorSync folder. There's a file in there that InDesign is trying to delete, AdobeColorCommonSetRGB and the error message references 2 versions of it.

Since you have Photoshop installed, the profiles could have come from its installation.

My best advice is to wait for Customer service to open Monday morning Pacific time.

But a safe option to try would be to uninstall Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app.

Then restart your computer (to flush any residual code about profiles).

Then try to install InDesign again.

Once it's installed, then re-install Photoshop.

Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines