InDesign fillable form blue text boxes lost color

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to work with fillable forms in CC InDesign 2020. All my text boxes were light blue, then all the blue color disappeared but the boxes are still there.  When I click on the boxes now they are there but shown just by a blue dotted box when you click on them.  How can I change the colors of the boxes back to blue as when I started.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021
In InDesign, form fields have a dashed blue border. In Acrobat, form fields have a solid blue fill. Your InDesign screen capture looks as it should.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version of your software and operating system?

Also can you confirm if you change your display mode?

With the selection tool activated (black arrow), click in an empty area to make sure nothing is selected and press W on your keyboard. 

I thought the blue boxes showed when previewing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Windows 10 x64 Build 1909 computer, (state computer run by our IT Department), and am on InDesign 2021.

I'm always in View, Display, High Performance Display.  I've toggled to the other displays but it shows no difference.  I like to see the blue colored boxes so I can see at a glance where they are, but now they are only visible in InDesign if I click on a box then it shows the dashed blue line around (stroke).

Connie5E5F_0-1612817418924.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign, form fields have a dashed blue border.

In Acrobat, form fields have a solid blue fill.

Your InDesign screen capture looks as it should.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs |
Books & Classes | PubCom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Bevi, I could have sworn earlier today they were solid light blue.  Thank you for your reply!  Everything is well then!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines