Highlighted

InDesign images become pixelated when placed

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I place images into InDesign my images pixelate and become low quality (Any files including psd, ai etc.)

I have gone to preferences> display performance and changed the settings but still no change. (Adobe InDesign 2020)

What should I do next?

INDESIGN.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eric Dumas | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Can you right-click on an image with the selection tool and confirm that the Display Performance section has the correct option selected? Alternatively, in the View menu > Display Performance, can you check what option is selected?

Finally, can you check the Links panel to make sure all the files are listed without any warning?

I assume all your images are high resolution and that's why they should all display in a higher quality.

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign images become pixelated when placed

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I place images into InDesign my images pixelate and become low quality (Any files including psd, ai etc.)

I have gone to preferences> display performance and changed the settings but still no change. (Adobe InDesign 2020)

What should I do next?

INDESIGN.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eric Dumas | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Can you right-click on an image with the selection tool and confirm that the Display Performance section has the correct option selected? Alternatively, in the View menu > Display Performance, can you check what option is selected?

Finally, can you check the Links panel to make sure all the files are listed without any warning?

I assume all your images are high resolution and that's why they should all display in a higher quality.

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I right-clicked and selected the correct setting. It was on "use view setting" and not "high quality display".

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0