Highlighted

InDesign Interactive PDF loses endnote links within document

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update of InDesign (15.1.2). When I save an Indesign publication with endnotes create in InDesign and save it as an Interactive PDF, the link from the endnote reference/number in the text does not take you to the actual endnote. It DOES if I save it as print PDF and select hyperlinks option.

There is NO hyperlink option available now in the "save as Interactive PDF" dialogue box???

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Interactive PDF loses endnote links within document

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update of InDesign (15.1.2). When I save an Indesign publication with endnotes create in InDesign and save it as an Interactive PDF, the link from the endnote reference/number in the text does not take you to the actual endnote. It DOES if I save it as print PDF and select hyperlinks option.

There is NO hyperlink option available now in the "save as Interactive PDF" dialogue box???

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Jonathan. But these were posted over a year ago and reference Catalina as the problem. I am not using Catalina?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem. i did not know that so i figured this applied to you.

may i ask why you don't go with print .pdf since that works? do you have popups?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0