• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign PDF export to Bluebeam Revu settings

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a designer and marketer at an engineering company. All of our engineers and clients pretty much use Bluebeam to view PDFs. The problem with this is that Bluebeam isn't really set up to view proposals or other marketing/graphic design content. There are small bugs with viewing PDFs exported from InDesign in Bluebeam like graphics being fuzzy, circular vectors showing up as pixelated or jagged, but the biggest issue is that vectors imported into InDesign either don't show up, or their appearance is completely different. 

Has anyone come across export settings that are fool-proof for audiences that may be viewing a PDF from any given PDF viewing program? 

I've come across a temporary solution, which is to export pages or art as an image. This solution is not ideal for a document that goes through several edits and version. 

I've attached an image that shows what the vectors should look like vs what the engineer sees in Bluebeam. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021
If it works in Acrobat or Reader, the bugs are in Bluebeam. I suggest speaking to them.

As for these working in "any given PDF viewing program," there is reason you are exporting to Adobe PDF. There are scores of PDF reading apps and Adobe can't control them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If it works in Acrobat or Reader, the bugs are in Bluebeam. I suggest speaking to them.

As for these working in "any given PDF viewing program," there is reason you are exporting to Adobe PDF. There are scores of PDF reading apps and Adobe can't control them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines