Highlighted

Indesign "Either the file does not exist you do not have permission, or the file may be in use

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've just gone to open my Indesign file and it's come up with the message "Indesign "Either the file does not exist you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application". When I hover over the document icon in Indesign it says the link 

Macintosh HD:Users:(myname):Library:MobileDocuments:com~apple~CloudDocs:Trash:Stage2.indd

I cannot locate this folder anywhere, it also doesn't let me open it on "open recent". 

Can anyone help? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign "Either the file does not exist you do not have permission, or the file may be in use

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've just gone to open my Indesign file and it's come up with the message "Indesign "Either the file does not exist you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application". When I hover over the document icon in Indesign it says the link 

Macintosh HD:Users:(myname):Library:MobileDocuments:com~apple~CloudDocs:Trash:Stage2.indd

I cannot locate this folder anywhere, it also doesn't let me open it on "open recent". 

Can anyone help? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing some more details like:

1. Version of OS and InDesign.

2. Is it happening with a specific document or all?

3. Is this file saved on a network drive or local drive?

All this information will help us understand the issue and work accordingly

Also, try copying this file to a different location on computer(desktop or any local folder) and let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same annoying problem since Obama was elected for his first term (seems eons, put like that, doesnt' it?) and would love a proper fix if anyone has any ideas. Me? I've been designing since the days of my beloved Aldus Freehand (RIP)—murdered in cold blood by Adobe, it must be said—& QuarkXPress,  so haven't just fallen off the back of a laptop truck.  I've tried: quitting/relaunching InDesign, restarting iMac, updating Adobe CC apps, copying file to desk top, muttering Buddhist incantations while keeping my left hand in prana mudra — nothing works. I'm on a 2013 iMac running HighSierra 10.13.6. Plenty of ram/mem. I just updated to CC 15, thinking, "I bet they've finally fixed the 'file does not exist' problem!" but was disappointed to receive the same old message, attached below. Happens with literally every document ever created. Locally stored. Using Backblaze. Hope springs infernal. 

In other news, ID15's ability to search for fonts and turn them on? A Christmas miracle in June. Thanks, Adobe. Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.19.53 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1