Highlighted

InDesign Share for review - Images are blurry

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I prepare an InDesign file using "Share for Review" feature, the images are exported out rather low resolution / blurry as seen here:https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:913908ef-996f-4b5f-b99d-f730a011bda9?view=published

These images are quite hi-res in the original document and look fine in InDesign, but they are overly compressed when viewed in the review pane. The original source images are in PNG format.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi careapp,

best do a bug report at:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Also come back when done and post the link to the report so that we can vote for fixing this.

My assumption is that InDesign has a problem with the high value for effictive ppi in your case.

That's not normal!

FWIW: Are you able to export to PDF with option [Smallest File Size] and not see this issue?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Share for review - Images are blurry

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I prepare an InDesign file using "Share for Review" feature, the images are exported out rather low resolution / blurry as seen here:https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:913908ef-996f-4b5f-b99d-f730a011bda9?view=published

These images are quite hi-res in the original document and look fine in InDesign, but they are overly compressed when viewed in the review pane. The original source images are in PNG format.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi careapp,

best do a bug report at:

Also come back when done and post the link to the report so that we can vote for fixing this.

My assumption is that InDesign has a problem with the high value for effictive ppi in your case.

That's not normal!

FWIW: Are you able to export to PDF with option [Smallest File Size] and not see this issue?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And links were not broken at the time, ... right?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Mike - to confirm, the image links were not broken:

links-palette.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that was normal, a rough draft to review content that dowloads really quickly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

I would expect some compression to occur in order to make it download quickly (say 80% or 85% quality). But in my example it looks too compressed (more like 10% or 20% quality) and it's difficult to get any proofing or review done with it. image-compression.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi careapp,

best do a bug report at:

That's not normal!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues, all links current. Even played with my view settings, etc. with no luck. Any updates here? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicoleaskari,

can you show a screenshot of the result in the review of your browser and another one when the image is selected in the InDesign document with the Links panel open so that we can see the value of Effective Ppi?

Oh, and could you do an export to PDF with [Smallest File Size], open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and check if the image shows the same blurryness?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First one is the share view in browser and the second is a screenshot from Indesign.

share-view.pngindesign.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0