Highlighted

Interactive PDF buttons - Retaining rollover state after roll-off

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any problems with their interactive buttons retaining the rollover state even after rolling off the button? We thought it was a problem with the buttons being too close together/overlapping but the problem still happens after adding more space between. Sometimes the buttons are "sticking" in the rollover state, while other times it works as expected. Anyone have a fix for us?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Interactive PDF buttons - Retaining rollover state after roll-off

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any problems with their interactive buttons retaining the rollover state even after rolling off the button? We thought it was a problem with the buttons being too close together/overlapping but the problem still happens after adding more space between. Sometimes the buttons are "sticking" in the rollover state, while other times it works as expected. Anyone have a fix for us?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen it reported, but it's a hit or miss thing and the same file, closed and then reopened in Acrobat will work again. Wish I had better news for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this happen. Rollovers are Not 100% functional all the time. It is what is

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not willing to settle for that, and you shouldn't either. Ultimately, it isn't what it is. Since so much money is spent on these subscriptions, shouldn't time be spent accordingly to make sure things work properly and as promised?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 0
Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is what it is because that is how the software works. there is nothing you and i can do about it because we don't make the software. We can however communicate to the engineering team as you were told earlier so hopefully they can fix it at some point.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/33967942-rollover-image...

i know this is not the answer you want to hear. But planning your interactive layouts for clients should also included the limitations. Testing and learning is the only way to plan and design to what works best across the most devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2019 1
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a fix but a possible clunky workaround based on the fact that your rollovers seem to always be working. What if you created a button with a rollover state that occupies the currently "buttonless" areas of your document. This new button could contain rollovers that return the look of your document to its neutral state.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We’re so sorry to hear about this. I have passed this to the concerned team. I also would request if you can upvote this issue here: Rollover images "stick" in Interactive PDF – Adobe InDesign Feedback. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Just so you are aware this is still an issue and the comments in your link are closed - presumably you are still working on it but an update would be helpful.

Just to reconfirm, my buttons operate but the rollover function lags from time to time ie the rollover state sticks - I seem to have to rollover the button again for it to return to its normal state but obviously this is not the desired outcome.

Thanks!

Ryan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple threads regarding this issue now. 18 MONTHS after the original post, still no solution to be found.

I've been having this same issue, and it doesn't seem to be on Adobe's radar despite the bug reports. I opened my doc in a web browser and the issue did not occur, so it is confirmed the issue is with Adobe Acrobat. Unfortunately using a web browser is a very poor workaround for me since my "Toggle Full Screen" button won't work and my users would need internet to interact with the document.

I've put a lot of time and effort into planning and creating this piece, so it would be great if the rollovers actually worked properly. This is creating obstacles for me and disrupting my users' interactive experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 0