Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

interactive pdf with buttons

Engaged ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am working on creating an interactive pdf with buttons.

I have an architecture image that i created in illustrator and then imported  it in InDesign. My intent is to click on the text in the features section, and have a larger screenprint superimposed on the architecture drawing (with the architecture drawing disappearing). I have created the different featues text in InDesign.

Capture.PNG

I have converted the architectur image and the different features text into buttons. so that i can toggle the display of the architecture image on and off. However, when i render the document into a pdf, i am unable to view all the different features text.

Capture2.PNG

If i do not convert the architecture image into a button, then it works, and i am able to click the feature text and have a screenprint superimposed on the architecture. But then i am unable to turn the display on the architecture image off - which i do want when i show the screenprint.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

You may find that your PDF buttons won't work on some devices and on some readers.

A native InDesign solution would be Publish Onlne (HTML5).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

All of those buttons being toggled on and off is not going to be reliable at all on Acrobat or Reader and it will likely fail completely on third party readers, browsers and mobile devices.

Sounds like something better suited to a web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactivitywith PDFs is limited nowadays, you may better using something like in5  https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/?ref=footer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Derek. But for now, i was looking at a native InDesign solution for this.

I have been working with buttons and basic interactivity in PDF for a bit, and it seems to work just fine. It is in this instance, that i am facing some problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find that your PDF buttons won't work on some devices and on some readers.

A native InDesign solution would be Publish Onlne (HTML5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is html5? I'm also working on a interactive PDF I always export it as interactive PDF what's the benefit of saving it as html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nowadays interactivity in PDFs is limited. HTML5 is universal and those documents, such as ePub and InDesign's Publish Online are in this format and can be read on any device – PC, Mac, tablet or smart phone with an HTML5 browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of those buttons being toggled on and off is not going to be reliable at all on Acrobat or Reader and it will likely fail completely on third party readers, browsers and mobile devices.

Sounds like something better suited to a web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines