Highlighted

Issues Running Adobe Products and Solidworks

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I'm running Solidworks on an HP Spectre X360, this laptop is also running Windows 10. When I first got this laptop I put the Adobe Cloud on it so I could also use Illustrator and InDesign. Solidworks was having an issue where it would crash all the time and it was believed to be from the Adobe Cloud. Adobe Cloud was uninstalled (along with the 90 bloatware programs Windows puts on their laptops) and now Solidworks runs fine. I really want to get Illustrator and InDesign on this laptop, but really don't want Solidworks crashing again. I know I can download just the programs from Adobe's site, but I wanted to know if this automatically installs the Cloud back on to the laptop? I also wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue? Thanks!

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues Running Adobe Products and Solidworks

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I'm running Solidworks on an HP Spectre X360, this laptop is also running Windows 10. When I first got this laptop I put the Adobe Cloud on it so I could also use Illustrator and InDesign. Solidworks was having an issue where it would crash all the time and it was believed to be from the Adobe Cloud. Adobe Cloud was uninstalled (along with the 90 bloatware programs Windows puts on their laptops) and now Solidworks runs fine. I really want to get Illustrator and InDesign on this laptop, but really don't want Solidworks crashing again. I know I can download just the programs from Adobe's site, but I wanted to know if this automatically installs the Cloud back on to the laptop? I also wanted to know if anyone else has run into this issue? Thanks!

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it unlikely that SolidWorks was cause as issue, (presumably you have at least 16GB of RAM, which you need to run InDesign and SolidWorks)

I suggest you try installing Creative Cloud again, but maybe run Adobe Cleaner first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines