Highlighted

Paragraph shading hides line under text

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have discovered a problem using paragraph shading, that would be nice to find a solution for.

I have a text that needs to be shaded, and certain parts to be shaded AND underlined.

When I try to use the underline function, it seems that the shading comes on top of the underline on some of the text and below on other parts of the text.

I have tried several different solutions, and can with some luck make it appear, if I use different styles and go back to the original style and make soft and hard returns. But not a consistent solution!

Please help!

/May

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Paragraph shading hides line under text

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have discovered a problem using paragraph shading, that would be nice to find a solution for.

I have a text that needs to be shaded, and certain parts to be shaded AND underlined.

When I try to use the underline function, it seems that the shading comes on top of the underline on some of the text and below on other parts of the text.

I have tried several different solutions, and can with some luck make it appear, if I use different styles and go back to the original style and make soft and hard returns. But not a consistent solution!

Please help!

/May

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which application you are using so we can move this thread to the appropriate forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Indesign 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheer's I've moved the thread for you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Paragraph (and Character) Styles?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i'm using paragraph styles for the background paragraph shading, and am manually adding the underline for selected lines. No characterstyles for this style.

I have discovered that if I make a soft return at the end of the underlined part it shows; if I make a hard return it disapears ...?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Paragraph Sading and Paragraph frame and use only the bottom border.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi May,

can you show a screenshot where the issue is showing?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure 🙂

Below is the 2 paragraphs in 2 screenshots.

The only difference from the top to the bottom picture, is the hard return at the end of second paragraph in the bottom picture. Both paragraphs in the bottom picture have underlines just like the top picture ... ?

So I found a solution, but not the reason? :-s

Skærmbillede 2019-11-20 kl. 13.30.41.png

Skærmbillede 2019-11-20 kl. 13.18.01.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem today. I have a paragraph style for the text that needs a shading and a character style for text with a hyperlink. The underline disappeares when shading is used. This looks like a bug.
But I have been playing around with this for a while and I have found a workaround for this little issue. Instead of the underline I now use the strikethrough and I lowered the line to the position I want. I saved this in a character style.

Hope this helps you or others who ran into this bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 1