Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(photo) book templates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for a place where I can find free (photo)book templates for Indesign. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

You can learn how to create your own template with the previously mentioned tutorial and this one by Nigel French: Designing a Photo Book

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. I already looked on that website but really couldn't figure it out. I looked on this page: Professionally designed, easy-to-use book templates | Blurb , and want to import some of those templates into Indesign. Is that even possible? Or does it only work with Bookwright?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those templates are for use with Bookwright. This link however is to their InDesign plugin...InDesign Plug-in – Help Center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Blurb isn't going to help me with a book template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you mean by 'help you with a template'. "Blurb Adobe® InDesign® Plug-in. The Blurb plug-in for Adobe InDesign allows you to create a blank template for your Blurb books, in the correct size and format we require. All you have to do is add your content and upload the PDF to Blurb."

The plugin provides the correct document settings for a variety of book layouts that can be modified as you wish.

Are you using Lightroom? If you aren't comfortable adding design elements using InDesign you might consider using the Lr Book module as it contains a number of ready to go templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not that comfortable with using InDesign it might be a good idea to take one of the Lynda.com courses first before you start on this project such as: Creating Photo Books with Blurb  (you can get a 30-day free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I want to use Indesign, but I would like to have a nice template to start with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can learn how to create your own template with the previously mentioned tutorial and this one by Nigel French: Designing a Photo Book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines