• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing 2-sided from InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Xerox Phaser 8560DN and it's supposed to print 2-sided copies. But I haven't gotten it to work through InDesign yet. I tried contacting Xerox, but they told me to do the same things I've already tried as far as the printer itself  is concerned.

So I'm wondering if there's something in InDesign that I need to modify when I go to the print menu?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

-Teresa

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

It's in the Layout Options from the pull-down where you will find the checkbox to enable 2-sided printing. Make sure you choose the appropriate edge for folding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone into the driver settings (Setup, from within the print dialog) to turn duplexing on?

It would help if you told us the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey have you tried:

After hitting command P, clicking on the Printer... button at the bottom of the dialog. Then use the pull down menu (copies and pages will be the default) and select Layout. In this dialog, make sure two sided printing is turned on. Test whether you need it "bound' on the long or short side. Also, it's not going to work well in a feed tray...so try using the internal trays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm on a Mac using OS 10.5.7 InDesign CS3.

I've gone into the "Printer..." button at the bottom of the menu after hitting Cmd P. I dragged down to "Paper Feed Options" and chose 2nd side as well as any other area in the printer menu that will give you a 2nd side option. I'm not sure what else to do. I've printed a configuration page that shows how it prints 2-sided so I know it can be done, but so far I can't get it done through InDesign. :-s    

Thanks for your help!

-Teresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Layout Options from the pull-down where you will find the checkbox to enable 2-sided printing. Make sure you choose the appropriate edge for folding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I actually had that checked already, but I went through all my other options and unselected the "2nd Page" feature and just left the Layout Options 2-sided printing box checked and it did the trick!

Whew, now I can get my job done!     

Thanks everyone!

-Teresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines