• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the ID Publish online Button

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the ID Publish online button that appears in the top left hand corner of an embedded Published online document. Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.16.11 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hi all,

Yes, this is as per design. The logo would show up when someone embed a "Publish Online" document from InDesign.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al-Hernandez,

This is not a normal behavior on Publish online. Could you please share some screenshots of the actual InDesign file along with following details?

• Operating System(Exact Version of Windows or MAC)
  • Exact Version of InDesign
  • Which browser you are using to view the Published document.
  • Link of the Published Document.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.52.31 PM.png

OS is MacOS Mojave

Indesign cc 2018 v 13.1

Browser is Safari 12.0.1 (14606.2.100) and Chrome 69.0.3497.100

https://indd.adobe.com/view/6e905e6e-8618-4547-a936-e4ea4059f5b5

https://www.thevinetimes.com/test.html  (this is where it appears) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear to me using Safari or Chrome.

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.39.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not show this Indesign icon on the browser, how you have embedded this published document on this https://www.thevinetimes.com/test.htmlpage?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With an embedded document, I see the ID Publish badge in every browser. Are you saying normal behavior is not to see the badge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffery,

I am also saying the same thing. This link where the file is embedded shows that icon, otherwise, the normal published document does not show that icon. In this scenario, we need to check the procedure of how it was embedded after publishing from InDesign. There is nothing much to be done inside InDesign while publishing.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Yes, this is as per design. The logo would show up when someone embed a "Publish Online" document from InDesign.

Thanks,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is extremely poor design. Shame on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should expect nothing less of Adobe to insert a rediculous advert at every opportunity. What bothers me more, is when you click this icon/advert it brings you to a useless guide page on how to do the thing ... THAT I JUST DID. It looks like a mistake/oversight and for this reason the company I work for won't be using the document publish feature for hosting our material.

Talk about Adobe shooting themselves in the foot over what is clearly an 'executive order' from a suit so detached from reality they don't see the problem with this.

I actively look for Adobe alternatives because of 'features' like this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Please can you let me know if the Adobe logo can now be removed from embded InDesign documents - 2020 update needed.

It looks cheap and clients won't accept it on their websites? Please advise how this can be removed as if not so many of us cannot continue to use adobe for a huge amount of our work?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This had the Publish Online removed along with the icons showing up on embed window.

https://www.murdochs.com/sales/flyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do anything to remove logo? Or has Adobe removed the logo for embedded documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inspecting it in google to see how it was achieved. It looks like an embedded window with imitating full screen so ID PUBLISH is not viewable, and the icons show up upon hover. 

I just noticed they used Indesign Publish Online from the interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "Indesign Publish Online from the interface"? Is this a different publishing method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I was not more specific. 

The gray/black background and the icons are the same from Indesign Publish Online. That is when I put two and two together they designed it from Indesign with a custom CSS/HTML that hides the Adobe button and have their icons show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inspected the HTML using Google Chrome Dev Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the answer sir. 

We need to make an iframe embed window completely separate from adobe and use the link from https://indd.adobe.com/dashboard# instead of the embed link that is provided from Adobe. 

You will notice a /embed/ on the link that will have the ID PUBLISH ONLINE button on top left, while the other link will be/view/

This makes it viewable, icons appear upon hover, and the ID PUBLISH ONLINE is not on the top left.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks yanwarcak, and actually all you need to do is change embed > view in code:

<iframe style="border: 1px solid #777;" src="https://indd.adobe.com/view/989c8aXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?startpage=1&allowFullscreen=true" width="525px" height="371px" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear there is no way to have neither the "Publish Online" nor the icons along the bottom (including Download, Embed, etc) show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icons along the bottom show up when the width is sufficient - otherwise, they are hidden. Make the embed wider and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. It works now.
I changed the word .../embed/... to .../view/... inside generated URL embed code.
Thank you a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines