Highlighted

Remove the ID Publish online Button

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the ID Publish online button that appears in the top left hand corner of an embedded Published online document. Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.16.11 PM.png

Hi all,

Yes, this is as per design. The logo would show up when someone embed a "Publish Online" document from InDesign.

Thanks,

Om

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remove the ID Publish online Button

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the ID Publish online button that appears in the top left hand corner of an embedded Published online document. Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.16.11 PM.png

Hi all,

Yes, this is as per design. The logo would show up when someone embed a "Publish Online" document from InDesign.

Thanks,

Om

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al-Hernandez,

This is not a normal behavior on Publish online. Could you please share some screenshots of the actual InDesign file along with following details?

• Operating System(Exact Version of Windows or MAC)
  • Exact Version of InDesign
  • Which browser you are using to view the Published document.
  • Link of the Published Document.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 3.52.31 PM.png

OS is MacOS Mojave

Indesign cc 2018 v 13.1

Browser is Safari 12.0.1 (14606.2.100) and Chrome 69.0.3497.100

https://indd.adobe.com/view/6e905e6e-8618-4547-a936-e4ea4059f5b5

https://www.thevinetimes.com/test.html  (this is where it appears) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear to me using Safari or Chrome.

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.39.46 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not show this Indesign icon on the browser, how you have embedded this published document on this https://www.thevinetimes.com/test.htmlpage?

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With an embedded document, I see the ID Publish badge in every browser. Are you saying normal behavior is not to see the badge?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffery,

I am also saying the same thing. This link where the file is embedded shows that icon, otherwise, the normal published document does not show that icon. In this scenario, we need to check the procedure of how it was embedded after publishing from InDesign. There is nothing much to be done inside InDesign while publishing.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks,

Om

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is extremely poor design. Shame on Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should expect nothing less of Adobe to insert a rediculous advert at every opportunity. What bothers me more, is when you click this icon/advert it brings you to a useless guide page on how to do the thing ... THAT I JUST DID. It looks like a mistake/oversight and for this reason the company I work for won't be using the document publish feature for hosting our material.

Talk about Adobe shooting themselves in the foot over what is clearly an 'executive order' from a suit so detached from reality they don't see the problem with this.

I actively look for Adobe alternatives because of 'features' like this ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines