• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Header not correctly populating

Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest of the headers in this file are behaving themselves, but for some reason, Appendices B and C have decided they want to be Appendix A. I am uninterested in their personal identity crisis and need to insist that they be Appendices B and C. What's especially weird is that it works fine on the very first page of B (first image below), then switches back on the second spread (second image below). It's the same text variable that I've used throughout the book with no problem; it's only gotten weird here in the appendices.

And here's the text variable definition (Lesson Topic is identical except for the paragraph style):

I've tried scrapping and recreating the master page. That did not help.

I'm running Windows 10, InDesign 14.0.2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Got it: The text frame with the titles in it was not linked to the others. Once I got it connected to the thread, it worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it: The text frame with the titles in it was not linked to the others. Once I got it connected to the thread, it worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kyriosity  wrote

Once I got it connected to the thread

Hi

Do you have all 312 pages in one file, then, and not as chapters in a book?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. I find that works best for the way I work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go Section and Numbering for the misbehaving chapters and look in the lower half for Chapter Numbering. Appendix B needs to continue chapter numbering from A, and C needs to continue from B.

Then go to your Book panel menu and update your numbers.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines