Highlighted

Sinhala rendering of Characters

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are some problems when I import or copy and paste Sinhala text from Microsoft Word.

I tried a lot and finally realized that a joiner is missing between characters when I take it to Indesign.

This word "ක්‍රි" when pasted in Indesign appears like this: "ක්රි"

In MS Word, when I look at the unicode equivalent for this word it is:

0D9A0DCA200D0DBB0DD2 but the unicode equivalent of the incorrect rendering is: 

0D9A0DCA200D200D200D0DBB0DD2. I do not understand from where the ZWJ character appears thrice. Please, help me out. It is important.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sinhala rendering of Characters

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are some problems when I import or copy and paste Sinhala text from Microsoft Word.

I tried a lot and finally realized that a joiner is missing between characters when I take it to Indesign.

This word "ක්‍රි" when pasted in Indesign appears like this: "ක්රි"

In MS Word, when I look at the unicode equivalent for this word it is:

0D9A0DCA200D0DBB0DD2 but the unicode equivalent of the incorrect rendering is: 

0D9A0DCA200D200D200D0DBB0DD2. I do not understand from where the ZWJ character appears thrice. Please, help me out. It is important.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the word -ready paragraph composer over your text

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have used it. I have set language to Sinhalese (Sri Lanka) also.

I faced this kind of issue in Oriya language many years back when I was using CS5. But in CC2020, Oriya script runs fine.

I have been doing a lot of research and I found an article where my problem is listed and the solution is to run a script named SinhalaScript.jsx. But I am unable to find the download link to try it.

I really hope I can fix this issue. CC2020 is designed for Sinhala and almost all the characters are working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the script given at the following URL

https://www.icta.lk/icta-assets/uploads/2016/01/SinhalaScript.jsx_.txt

If so then you can use it by following the instructions given in the link below

https://indesignsecrets.com/how-to-install-a-script-in-indesign-that-you-found-in-a-forum-or-blog-po...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Yes, this is the script, but it is not working. I just don't know what to do. I can temporarily solve the problem by using glyph, but the issue is in the future, when text containing glyphs is copied and pasted in a note pad or word processor, the glyph character disappears. I hope there is a solution to this, since Sinhala (Sri Lanka) is in the list of languages supported by Indesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines