Highlighted

Span columns not working properly in 15.0

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the most recent InDesign and now am finding that I have very little control over the text under a spanned column headline. ID will bump the 2 column text to the next page even though the spanned column headline is only halfway down the first page, and I can't get the text to come back under its heading where it should be, nor can I identify why it's doing this. Also the split column text is not flowing into two columns beneath spanned headings. It flows in the column on the left, but the right hand column is empty. Previously, if I set a heading to span columns, it would make 2 column text above it flow neatly into two columns, as one would expect. Help! Very frustrating!

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 5.24.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Span columns not working properly in 15.0

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the most recent InDesign and now am finding that I have very little control over the text under a spanned column headline. ID will bump the 2 column text to the next page even though the spanned column headline is only halfway down the first page, and I can't get the text to come back under its heading where it should be, nor can I identify why it's doing this. Also the split column text is not flowing into two columns beneath spanned headings. It flows in the column on the left, but the right hand column is empty. Previously, if I set a heading to span columns, it would make 2 column text above it flow neatly into two columns, as one would expect. Help! Very frustrating!

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 5.24.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly it is one serious bug already reported here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/38987725-split-column-d...

we have to wait that adobe's ingeneers fix this issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've identified a fix for this issue and working on making it available to all InDesign 2020 users shortly.

We appreciate your patience.

- Adobe InDesign team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo, I have 2020 and the problem is still here. What is the fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of InDesign do you have (not "latest" or "updated")?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, this option still doesn't work properly in InDesign CC 2020 (15.02)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0