Still no multi core or GPU support is starting to be absurd

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign daily for more than 12 years. For years, we are crying for multi-core CPU or/and GPU acceleration (Win platform). The current situation, where all CPUs are favoring multi-core architecture with less focus on single core performance (the correct way) is making InDesign to be so absrud, that InDesign withing heavy/large workflows are borderline unusable.

Right now I am sitting on 6k+ USD computer setup, upgraded to oblivion just to wait seconds to InDesign to zoom in. My last project was exporting for 8 hours and cca 30% of really big gigs are freezing without noticing. So you must constantly checking background tasks, and cannot even let this run overnight.

Seriously what the hell Adobe.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are things you can try:

https://trainingonsite.com/145-how-speed-up-indesign-cc-2021.html

Mike Witherell

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the response given above, I'd request you to follow suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) to improve the performance of the app. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines