Table header disappear when exporting to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community I'm using Indesign and have created a table, the upper cells row I have done as Header and introduced an image in each cell. The header repeats in each single page after and this is fine. The problem appears when exporting in pdf where the header appears only on the first page and not on the followings. File was created with CS3 first than converted to the last indesign. Thanks alot for your help. Beppe

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019
it seems that indesign fails to export to pdf the headers of tables that contain graphic cells.you could avoid the problem by anchoring images in text cellsyou could also submit bug repport herehttps://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share IDML of this doc?

Thanks

Sunil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil thanks I did export in IDML but how to load it into the community, I do not see

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to your original post, then you will get to see option for attachment. Or after replying click on More... and Edit reply, then you will see attachment option.

Best

Sunil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this back after uploading Correct the highlighted errors and try again. The attachment's indesign table repeating header issue.idml content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Belisir reporting a forum issue on attaching IDML has an error. I will raise this issue in community help, there may be we will find some solution for idml attachment problem atleats.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that indesign fails to export to pdf the headers of tables that contain graphic cells.

you could avoid the problem by anchoring images in text cells

you could also submit bug repport here

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried it, but it seems to happen after InDesign CC2015 (ver 11.x).

I think this must be a bug.

At least my verification did not happen in CC2014 (ver 10.x)

Why don't you try it there if possible?

Yusuke S.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug in InDesign 16.1

Please fix it!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bellsir,

I tried this with my own table, my own image and with a new InDesign 2021 document on Windows 10.

See no issues with PDF export to e.g. PDF/X-4. All the images are there. Also in the repeated table header rows.

You can download my test documents from my Dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtaoszuuv5lx3wx/TableHeaderWithGraphicCell-2021.zip?dl=1

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines