• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box yellow error - how to fix

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working on a business card and suddenly my text block starts throwing an error but it's not the typical - you've not made this block big enough - error. It's presenting as yellow blocks on the text block outline (please see screen shot)

What the heck is this and how to fix?!

Achtland_0-1595679775743.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

The yellow box is used to manipulate the corners of a frame. If you click it, the corners become yellow diamonds and you can drag one towards the center to round all the corners (along with a variety of other options).

If you click it by accident, just deselect the frame and reselect it, but avoid the yellow box.

~Barb 

corner.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

I -- Wish that I could. I shut down Indesign out of frustration and came back to it just now to provide a screen shot and the error cleared.

Has Indesign been having errors of these types recently? Cuz I was pulling my hair out trying to sus it out ><

Thank you for being so supportive Barb I appreciate you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump ><;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The yellow box is used to manipulate the corners of a frame. If you click it, the corners become yellow diamonds and you can drag one towards the center to round all the corners (along with a variety of other options).

If you click it by accident, just deselect the frame and reselect it, but avoid the yellow box.

~Barb 

corner.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey barb!

That was very informative thank you. I'm assuming then that my error is not with the yellow diamonds but it also isn't very clear what is causing the error. I'll dig deeper! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, but now I'm confused. There isn't an error in the text frame in your screenshot. Are you seeing one in status bar (a red light below your document window)? If so, please show us your Window > Output > Preflight panel.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I -- Wish that I could. I shut down Indesign out of frustration and came back to it just now to provide a screen shot and the error cleared.

Has Indesign been having errors of these types recently? Cuz I was pulling my hair out trying to sus it out ><

Thank you for being so supportive Barb I appreciate you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I'm glad it's OK now. But I can't address the question about the errors because I haven't seen an error yet. Or any indication of an error. If it comes back, just grab a screenshot and come back and add it to this post. I'll see it and I will do my best to give you a hand.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I somehow got a yellow box on one of my text frames, top right. I can click on it and get the big diamonds on the corners – kind of cool, makes it easier to resize the frame – but not something I wanted on. Somehow, Live Corners got turned on. I turned it off with View > Extras > Hide Live Corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines