Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Frame Options - Auto Size issue

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

The auto-size on my text boxes sometimes does not work. I can't see anything checked that should be... nor anything in my paragraph styles

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to provide more information about what you're trying to do with the feature. Show us your settings. Attach a screen capture here in the forum editor to show us what is happening, or not happening. What version of InDesign are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say "does not work"? What is happening instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for not providing more info...

I am running Adobe Indesign CC 2017  

2017.1 Release

When I create a text box and paste in my text, I click onto Auto Size (via hotkey Command B) and the 4 options are greyed out - they are not selecting.

I have since shut down my computer a few times though and can't find the problem happening again. Maybe it's a computer thing?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please attach a screen capture in the forum editor window so we can see what you mean by "the 4 options are grayed out"

Here's what I see. Place or paste text in a frame:

InDesign CC093.png

With text frame selected I choose Object Text Frame Options (Cmd/Ctrl-B). At the top of the window, click Auto-Size.

InDesign CC094.png

Choose an Auto-Sizing option:

InDesign CC095.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to reply given by Steve earlier, please find more information on this help article to know about persistent text frame fitting options in InDesign. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines